Pilates Mat level I & II intensive
This intensive training is aimed at professionals already involved in the health/fitness industry- or candidates with previous anatomy and physiology training at college level. ITEC level 3.
The course provides the knowledge needed to teach groups Pilates mat-work to a beginners & intermediate level.
Starting with the foundations and fundamentals of Pilates, we aim to marry functional anatomy with the modified original Pilates exercises in a safe and effective way. In doing so, we aim to give participants a true understanding of Pilates method and a deeper understanding of functional anatomy arising from that.
The training takes 42 hours plus self study and supervised teaching hours
- Pilates history, philosophy and principals
- Applied anatomy
- Pilates mat exercises level I&II including modifications and progressions
- Additional Mat exercises with small equipment.
- Teaching skills, cuing, safety & effective communication
- Postural analysis and its impact on Pilates students
- The business, hospitality and ethics of Pilates.
This is a 6 day intensive training
13.30 Break for lunch
14.30 Lecture /workshop